Excitement builds for fifth edition of CoMotion’s flagship gathering, taking place in-person November 16-18, 2021 at the Japanese American National Museum in Downtown, Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, October 21, 2021 — CoMotion, the global platform bringing together leaders of the world’s most innovative transportation and technology companies, is hosting the fifth annual CoMotion LA on November 16-18, 2021. This year’s three-day gathering brings together leaders from across the entire landscape of emerging mobility — global mayors and policymakers, leading technologists, public transport operators and venture capitalists, start-ups and established players. CoMotion LA’s dense program of interactive talks, demos, and workshops will provide unparalleled insight into this more impactful phase of the Mobility Revolution.
Notable and newly announced public sector speakers include Mayor Eric Garcetti of Los Angeles, Seleta Reynolds, General Manager, LA Department of Transportation, Hilary Norton, Chair, California Transportation Commission, Romain Erny, Head of Mobility, Choose Paris Region, Roald Lapperre, for Infrastructure and Water Management, Kingdom of the Netherlands, Shirley Rodrigues, London Deputy Mayor for Environment and Energy, UK, as well as dozens of private sector mobility leaders, including Karl Iagnemma, CEO of Motional, Ben Bear, CEO of SPIN, Phil Silver, Leader, Transportation – State & Local Government, Amazon Web Services, Alex Canter, CEO, Ordermark and Christophe Arnaud, CEO of Paris-based Blue Systems. Additional speakers include:
- Sam Adams, CEO, dot.LA
- Kome Ajise, Executive Director, Southern California Association of Governments
- Travis Allan, VP Public Affairs and General Counsel, FLO | AddEnergie
- Georges Aoude, CEO/Co-Founder, Derq
- Alejandra Argudin, CEO, Miami Parking Authority
- Giovanni Bertolino, Head of e-Mobility, USA and Canada Enel X
- Harry Campbell, Founder, The Rideshare Guy
- Eulois Cleckley, Director, Miami-Dade County Transportation
- Emily Cloke, British Consul-General in Los Angeles British Consulate-General
- Clifford Cruz, CEO, Skyway
- Carlos Cruz-Casas, Assistant Director of the Department of Transportation & Public Works, Miami Dade County
- Jerry Dobrovolny, CAO and Commissioner of Metro Vancouver
- Dave Gallon, Chief Operation Officer, MoceanLab
- Eric Guter, Vice President, Hydrogen for Mobility Solutions, Air Products
- JR Hammond, Executive Director, Canadian Advanced Air Mobility
- Jeanette Jackson, CEO, Foresight
- Beth Kigel, Vice President, HNTB Corp.
- Adrienne Lindgren, State & Local Partnership Lead, Air Mobility, Hyundai
- Alyssa Muto, Director of Sustainability and Mobility, City of San Diego
- Alex Nesic, Co-founder, Drover
- Matt Newberg, Founder, HNGRY
- Rogelio Pardo, Program Director, Urban Movement Lab
- Trevor Pawl, Chief Mobility Officer, State of Michigan
- Michelle Peacock, Head of Global Public Policy and Government Relations, Waymo
- Mathew Petersen, President and CEO, Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
- Natalia Quintero, Senior Vice President of Innovation, Transit Innovation Partnership
- Paty Rios, Executive Director, NewCities
- Jose Diaz Salazar, Senior Manager, AndGo & Innovation Lab San Francisco
- Joshua L. Schank, Chief Innovation Officer, LA Metro
- Michael Schneider, Founder, Streets For All
- Gabriel Schreer, Director of Innovation, Mobility & Energy Investment Elemental Accelerator
- Cyrus Sigari, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, UP.Partners
- Selika Josiah Talbott, Principal, Autonomous Vehicle Consulting, LLC
- Becky Tanner, Chief Marketing Officer, Wisk
- Nathan Yang, VP & Chief Product Officer, AddEnergie/FLO
“We are entering a phase of the Mobility Revolution that is more impactful than ever before. It’s now not only transforming the streets of our cities, but is impacting maritime transportation, urban and regional airspace, and new ways of connecting vast geographic areas,” said John Rossant, Founder and CEO of CoMotion. “As we host our fifth year of CoMotion LA, we are proud to collaborate with top global experts across the industry to offer an immersive, forward-thinking event that can help us re-imagine how people and goods travel.”
CoMotion LA also plays host to the annual Los Angeles New Mobility Challenge (LANMC), designed to bring new, zero-emission mobility solutions to a vast, polycentric and car-centric metropolis like Los Angeles. For the first time, Challenge winners will be selected from the CoMotion Mobility Pioneers 2021-2022 Cohort. An entirely new CoMotion initiative, the CoMotion Mobility Pioneers are a carefully chosen group of thirty innovative early-stage mobility startups from around the world who are making real advances in critically important areas of zero-emission mobility. Interested companies can still apply here before October 25th to be considered.
This year, CoMotion LA is excited to partner with scores of incredible organizations and companies like Invest Vancouver, Volocopter, and Wisk, all of which play a huge part in paving the way towards a more sustainable mobility future. Additional partners include AddEnergie, AWS, BlueSystems, Choose Paris, Enel X, Flo, Lilium, HNTB, Moovit, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Nexar, Optibus, Stantec, Swiftmile, Transloc, Shell, the UK government, Waymo, Mobileye, Mocean Lab, Skyway, Spin, Starburst, Lacuna, Nelson\Nygaard, Zing, Drover, Streets for All, Transit Innovation Partnership, Urban Movement Labs, CAAM, and LACBC.
“As the economic development leadership service for the Metro Vancouver region, Invest Vancouver is honored to be a lead partner of CoMotion LA. As a world-leading hub for new mobility across multiple disciplines, including aviation, maritime, transit, and clean transportation, we look forward to joining with global leaders on the emerging issue of mobility and the path forward for cities and the mobility revolution,” said Jerry Dobrovolny, CAO and Commissioner of Metro Vancouver. “The cutting-edge applied research, pioneering innovation, and rapid development and revenue growth that are occurring in our region is inspiring and we are anxious to share that passion and innovation to drive positive change.”
“We are proud to continue our Impact Partnership with CoMotion,” said Becky Tanner, Chief Marketing Officer at Wisk. “CoMotion brings together leaders across the mobility space to not only explore more of what’s possible but to help drive positive change toward a more efficient, safe, and sustainable future. We look forward to discussing the future of mobility this November in Los Angeles.”
“Volocopter is shaping the future of mobility by creating a family of electric aircraft to launch urban mobility for people (VoloCity and VoloConnect) and goods (VoloDrone) to move freely into the next dimension. By developing the ecosystem enabling UAM with the physical and digital infrastructure to support commercial operations, Volocopter will offer a new, integrated mobility service for the urban community. With us, our customers will get to their destinations safely, quickly, and predictably at the touch of a button in our future app,” said Christian Bauer, Chief Commercial Officer of Volocopter.
To partner with CoMotion LA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and to reserve tickets, please visit www.comotionla.com/register.
CoMotion is a global platform where leaders of the most innovative transportation and technology companies around the world meet with urban policymakers to share ideas, do business and plan the new mobility future. CoMotion organizes exclusive world-class events such as CoMotion LIVE, CoMotion LA and CoMotion MIAMI, and is the new mobility industry’s premiere source for news, insights, and analysis. For more information on this year’s LA event, visit www.comotionla.com.